Bathrooms are one of the busiest rooms in the house, so it’s no wonder that bathroom floor tiles need to be cleaned regularly. For homes with children, bathrooms can get messier more quickly. It’s important to wash off dirt that have accumulated on tiles each week to make sure your flooring’s original luster lasts for years to come.
Below are some easy tips on how to clean your bathroom floor tiles:
- Prevent mold growth in your grout and shower tiles by drying moist surfaces with a clean, dry mop or cloth.
- Apply a tile cleaning solution once a week on your tiles and grout, especially on areas where dirt is visible. Here are some suggestions for Eco-Friendly and Green Tile Cleaners.
- To clean hard-to-reach areas, use a clean toothbrush.
- For stubborn dirt, use a hand-bristled brush to scrub tiles.
- To help scrub away dirt even faster, use a vinegar solution. Mix 1 part vinegar and 5 parts water. Pour the mixture in a spray bottle and spray it on the tile and other similar surfaces in the bathroom. Leave the solution on for 10-15 minutes so that the dirt goes into the solution. Scrub away the surface and wash it with water.
- You can also use baking soda to help clean away dirt. Sprinkle baking soda on your cleaning cloth or sponge and apply it on your tiles. Leave on for 10-15 minutes. Then, scrub the area and rinse with water.
- Remember to rinse off areas with plain, clean water and make sure the tile floor is dry before you allow people to enter the bathroom. More tile cleaning and maintenance tips.
What other tile cleaning tips can you add to this list? For more information on tile flooring, contact us. We’ll be happy to help you bring your design ideas to life!