Do you have tiles that need fixing, but you don’t have the budget to replace them? Today, we’re sharing quick tips on how you can repair broken tiles.
Tiles are popular among homeowners and businesses because they are stylish, durable and low-maintenance. They are also easy and inexpensive to repair if you have the time and resources.
Follow the tips below to fix or replace broken tiles without the big expense of installing a new floor.
- For small chips in tile, consider using nail polish that will match best with the tile’s color. You can even combine two shades together to get the exact hue you are looking for.
- Large chips or holes in your tiles require a little more effort – go to the hardware store and buy ceramic filler to place in the chips or holes. Let it dry, sand down, and finish off with lacquer for protection.
- Broken tiles may need to be replaced – but don’t fret. Our design center carries a wide variety of tile styles to choose from. We can help you find the best match to your current tile floor. Tip: When installing tile flooring for the first time, it’s helpful to buy extra tiles for replacement.
- Worn tiles can really outdate the style of your home. Instead of installing a new floor, you can try painting your tiles with a fresh, modern color. Scrub the floor well and sand down to create a smooth surface. Roll oil-based paint on top and let stand for 24 hours before applying your new paint with floor finish.
- Don’t forget the grout. Believe it or not, grout can really help with the look of your tile. Old and dirty grout can make even new tile flooring look worn. Fix this problem by removing your old grout and putting a fresh application.
Need more help on how to repair broken tiles? Call us today at (626) 572-2866. We will be happy to assist you.