The right flooring can help shape the overall style of a room in a significant way. Tile flooring, in particular, is popular today due to its durability and countless style options. To make sure you find the best tile flooring choice for your space, it’s important to take the time looking through samples of beautiful flooring to give you an idea of various looks.
Take a look at these unique and stylish tile-flooring ideas. From bathrooms to kitchens to living areas, you’ll be sure to find inspiration that will help transform your room. Pin them onto your Pinterest board!
These stone floor tiles have a contemporary design that still reflects the brown and natural hues in this cozy living room.
White, clean and fresh cabinets stand out even more with the beautifully varnished floor tiles in this modern kitchen.
For the eclectic homeowner, these Moroccan bathroom floor tiles go perfectly well with a vintage bathtub, reflecting a comfortable and relaxed style.
Mosaic tile flooring for the outdoor patio brings a whimsical perspective in a traditional setting.
Looking for more tile inspirations? Follow us on Pinterest or Instagram. Or, check out our Design Center where we have friendly and knowledgeable design experts waiting to help you!
photo by houzz.com
A beautiful-looking tile design doesn’t have to be expensive. You can easily create an elegant tile layout whether you are going for a traditional or contemporary motif without going over your budget.
These days, that may seem like wishful thinking, but you can definitely achieve your dream tile flooring and stay within budget using these helpful tips:
- Pick the right tile for your home and budget. Tile comes in several different types, which include porcelain, ceramic and stone. Often, ceramic is the most inexpensive of the three, with stone usually priced the highest. Porcelain tiles are often priced mid-range but they are the most durable.
- Know where to place your tile. Porcelain and stone are great for both indoor and outdoor settings, but ceramic, which is made out of red clay, should only be used indoors because of its fragility.
- Mix and match without breaking the bank. For style tips, you can create an upscale look just by mixing inexpensive tiles with dashes of expensive tiles. You can also experiment with elegant tile layouts like herringbone and using inexpensive tiles to create that luxurious effect.
- Use some tricks of the trade. One of the key ways to ensure your tile flooring lasts you for years to come, apply grout that has a mildew inhibitor that will keep mildew away and requires little maintenance.
- Mix and match your backsplash too. For kitchen tile backsplashes, you can also do the same tip as mentioned earlier – mix expensive tiles with inexpensive tiles.
- Make your kitchen backsplash your own unique design. Use costly tiles for a decorative border around cheaper tiles, use expensive tiles in diagonal layouts or inserted between cheaper tiles.
With some creativity and helpful advice, you can definitely make a tile layout fit your style and budget. For more great tile design and layout tips, contact us or visit our Pinterest and Facebook pages.