For many of us, the bathroom is an important space – it’s where we start and end our day, where we feel refreshed and renewed. Bathrooms are also often one of the smallest rooms in the house, making it easier to renovate with new tile flooring. Updated tiles can truly enhance a bathroom’s space, making it feel more luxurious, clean and comfortable. The right tile flooring is also needed to ensure that it will withstand the heat, moisture, and wear that come with bathroom floors.
Below is a list of 5 Great Options for Bathroom Tiles that can help improve the look of your bathroom floor:
- Ceramic Tiles – Ceramic tiles are a popular choice in bathroom flooring. Made from clay fired at high temperatures, ceramic tiles are easy to clean, extremely durable (when installed properly) and are available in unlimited styles.
- Porcelain Tiles – Like ceramic tiles, porcelain tiles are also made from clay. However, porcelain tiles are pressed instead of fired, which makes them more durable and water resistant than ceramic tiles. They are affordable and come in countless varieties of designs.
- Stone Tiles – Because of their rustic and classic look, stone tiles have become the latest style trend in flooring. Similar to ceramic and porcelain tiles, stone tiles are hard-wearing and can be installed in outside spaces as well. They can, however, cost much more than ceramic or porcelain tiles.
- Glass Tiles – To add to your flooring’s style, you can add glass tiles. Glass tiles create a unique look, but are more fragile than ceramic, porcelain or stone tiles. So, while you can have a whole floor of bathroom tiles, it’s recommended to stick with the first 3 types of tiles above if you want your bathroom flooring to last through years of wear and tear.
- Vinyl Tiles – If you have children, vinyl tiles are a great option. They are water resistant, capable of handling big spills. Look for anti-slip vinyl tiles, which help prevent the floor from being too slick when wet.
Need more ideas for your bathroom makeover? Call one of our consultants at (626) 572-2866 or visit our design center located in San Gabriel, California. Our design experts will be happy to help you build the bathroom of your dreams.